If you’re looking for a career that requires a college degree, then by all means, go to college. Here at DeneenBorelli.com, we’re all about encouraging you to follow your dreams and get the best education you can. We just don’t make really awful music videos about it.
First Lady Michelle Obama was featured in a “rap” video this week. Yes, “rap” is in quotes for a reason. If you haven’t seen it yet – and you’re a very brave soul – we’ve got the clip for you. But first, here’s five things to bear in mind:
- It’s a terrible rap. It really is.
- Doesn’t rap music generally, you know… encourage violence? What’s next? POTUS issuing an Executive Order whilst playing Halo 3? Mmmmmmm, no.
- There’s a reason you don’t usually see moms over the age of 30 in a rap video. If you’re not sure what it is, watch the video. You’ll be cured.
- What have they DONE to George Washington?!
- Lastly, on a serious note – and most importantly of all – FLOTUS’ rap video implies if you don’t go to college, you can’t achieve success beyond becoming a painter. This is not only an insult to painters, it’s also blatantly false. Generally speaking, your potential for a high-paying career is greater if you earn a college degree. But college isn’t a guarantee for success. Hard work, on the other hand, is. Some famous people who didn’t earn a college degree? Steve Jobs. Richard Branson. Dave Thomas. Kevin Rose. Michael Dell. Rachel Ray. And they did it all… without a rap video.
Also, the President’s plan for college? To make it “free” for everyone. Because that worked out so well with your healthcare plan…
Without further aduie, we give you First Lady Michelle Obama’s new rap video on why you should go to college. Enjoy!